Montag, 23. Mai 2011

smc.freeimage 0.0.2

A while ago I noticed that Christoph Gohlke has unofficial Windows builds of my smc.freeimage wrapper on his hosting site. It made me aware that some people actually use my image processing software.

A few minutes ago I synced our internal SVN repository with the project site on berlios.de. The recent version uses Cython 0.14 to wrap most of FreeImage 3.15.0 and a limited subset of LCMS 2.1. It can read over 30 image formats including subsets like G3 and G4 compressed TIFFs, which aren't supported by PIL. smc.freeimage also supports limited ICC transformation with embedded or external ICC profiles (for now 24bpp RGB images only) and introspection of ICC profiles. The ICC transformation is optimized with cached transformations and no-copy processing.

smc.freeimage wraps only functionality we actually need at work. The core features are heavily tested in production. I estimate that we have processed betwann 300 TB to about half a Petabyte of data, mostly uncompressed TIFF images but also compressed TIFFs, PNGs and JPEGs.

If you are interested on adding features or building a more general solution, feel free to contact me.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen